Wednesday, October 16, 2013

International Balloon Fiesta (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

If the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is not on your bucket list, it should be. It wasn't on mine. It was on my mother-in-law's. And because we have been living in New Mexico for a brief stint, Allyson's parents flew in for the event. I just can't even begin to express how incredible this was. Hundreds of balloons. Hundreds! All around us. Just when you thought there couldn't possibly be any more, there were more! 

Yes, we had to get up at 3:30am. It's worth it. We got there without sitting in traffic. We got ourselves breakfast burritos and claimed a couple hay bales to sit on while we waited for Dawn Patrol. It is totally worth getting there early for Dawn Patrol, when several balloons go up while it's still dark out and have lights inside them so they glow while flying. So cool! Then we stuck around for Mass Ascension and, just wow! My neck hurt from looking up and my face hurt from smiling so much. It was incredible. This was the best $8 I've ever spent. 

Dawn Patrol

America




 Sunrise



 My fave balloon!

 Doesn't it look like a Chinese lantern?






 Love this one too! And one of my favorite adventures while we were in the West was our trip to Durango















1 comment:

  1. These photos are incredible, Anne! I definitely hope I can make it there one day.

    ReplyDelete