Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A is for Appreciation

This past Saturday, August 11th, I married the woman I love more than anything on this planet. I meant to start a blog back when the planning began. Well, I actually meant to start a blog years before the planning to share our outdoor adventures with friends and family and whoever else cared to read. But sigh...I never got around to it and then was too busy looking at other blogs and making decisions about every little detail that would make our wedding absolutely perfect to start this blog. And you might think, Anne, you shouldn't strive for perfection or you'll just get let down. But that's not true! Our day could not have been more perfect.

 Well, it maybe could have been more perfect if our marriage was legally recognized, but that will come. In the meantime, I intend to share our story with as many people as I can. As so many of our friends and family said this past weekend, "anyone that saw our ceremony or heard our story and still fights against gay marriage is insane." We had almost 100 people come from 16 states all over the country to Orcas Island by plane, ferry and car to celebrate our marriage and commitment to one another. Many of our friends and family are Christian and believe we have a right to marry each other because we love each other, respect each other, and make each other better people. More than you can say about a lot of people who get married legally every day.

 So...enough ranting about the legal crap. It is crap and it needs to change. But in the meantime, I am going to appreciate (A is for appreciation) all of the good things I have in my life and that includes my love, Allyson, and our amazing adventures together. It also includes the deep appreciation I have for the our friends and family who continue to support us and made our wedding weekend the most magical we've had yet.


 We wrote our vows together and wrote something special for one another to say before the vows. Those were a surprise. 

 The day could not have been more beautiful in Eastsound, WA.

The kiss!
Singing "I've Just Seen A Face" by The Beatles for our family and friends
Photos courtesy of: Joann Chang


No comments:

Post a Comment